We’ve all had a food explosion in our microwave, right? Re-heating fish, pizza, spaghetti sauce, soup, beans…and then you run out the door to work, leaving the food particles to dry and stick, making it a cleaning nightmare. Office microwaves can be the worst, with many people using the microwave and no one taking charge to clean it.
Office or home…here’s a great way to easily clean your microwave. Steam clean it with water and vinegar. It’s easy and non-toxic.
WikiHow provides four options for cleaning your microwave:
- Boil water and vinegar to steam, moisten & loosen food particles;
- Use half a lemon;
- Use dish soap;
- Use window cleaner
I decided to use water and DIY Lavender Vinegar Cleaner to clean a microwave that was looking pretty bad! Here’s my process:
- Fill a microwave-safe glass Pyrex bowl halfway with water.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of DIY Lavender Vinegar Cleaner.
- Microwave for 5 minutes (it will be boiling rapidly).
- Carefully (hot!!) remove the bowl.
- Remove the glass turntable and wash this separately in the sink. You can use dish soap or carefully use the hot water/vinegar solution.
- Wipe down the steamed food particles.
Voila! Easy and quick! I’m 100% sold on safe, non-toxic household cleaners and this is one more non-toxic cleaning method that works!
Each time we use non-toxic household cleaners, we’re saving money, supporting our long-term health, and helping protect the environment. Another important step on our ecofriendly journey!